Here are 8 simple steps to prepare for the Chinese New Year:
- Tidy up your house to get rid of any bad luck from last year.
- Make sure to pay off all remaining debts and resolve any quarrel between friends.
- Buy some new clothes and shoes to represent that it's a New Year, new outfit.
- Prepare some Chinese New Year snacks at home for the guests.
- Spruce up the house with red and gold colour. Red represents happiness and gold represents prosperity.
- Get some fresh flowers and lucky bamboo plants to place around the house, as they are believed to attract positive energy.
- Put in crisp new notes into red packets or Hongbao, for giving out, and for good luck.
- Create a playlist of all the Chinese New Year jingles, for added festive atmosphere.
Feb 06, 2016, 23:00 - Feb 10, 2016, 02:00 +8 GMT
Chinese New Year Theme
Chinese New Year Costumes
Feb 09, 2016, 23:00 - Feb 13, 2016, 02:00 +8 GMT